Thursday, January 26, 2006

 

Still very cold -27 F this morning


Still COLD, clear, and sunny, with sharp blue skies. The mornings and evenings are noticeably longer, too. Poor Maggie gets to stay in most of the day when it’s like this; but she sneaks down to her bed in the laundry room whenever I start playing the cello. What a critic!

Looks like the 1031 Exchange thing might work out after all. First, though I have to see if the covenants on the Tustumena Lake Road property aren’t too restrictive. Supposedly the seller mailed it today. I filled out all the paperwork for the Exchange broker and told them to hold off a few days until we’d decided about Tustumena Lake Road.

I played Suzuki for two hours – just going through the drills, trying for that beautiful sound. I sure hope my teacher tells me I’m ready to move on. The next step is using the second finger. I’ve gotten through the first four measures of Bach’s Prelude from Cello Suite No. 1. I’m working on it slowly and carefully – at the end of my regular playing time.

Short post tonite, my brain is tired.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home