Friday, February 17, 2006

 

Gray day


Although I played for two hours today, I didn't feel as if I was really getting anywhere. I worked on my four new pieces for about 45 minutes, working very carefully on sections at a time. Then, after a bit, I moved on to the next piece. Maybe because it does take so long to really learn a new piece...

My left shoulder also didn't feel quite right today. I slept on it wrong, maybe, and it never did relax when I started playing. I've noticed that while I am playing, and remembering to watch my postures, that I can consciously relax my shoulders and neck and even crack them... Today, though, I couldn't get that relaxed.

I did manage to improve my bow-hold, and keep it there more subconsciously. Also my left arm height. Still more to do on the right elbow...

I've been watching the Olympics off and on this week. My favorites, so far, has been the figure skating, the ice racing, and tonite the ice dancing. I'm beginning to appreciate how hard these people have to work to get there. What intensity of focus! What power!

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home