Monday, December 11, 2006

 

It came this afternoon!



It's a Yamaha SVC200 "Silent Electric Cello". I ordered it just a week ago from Cellos2Go. I didn't get an amplifier; that might come later. For now, the headphones work great.

It was really easy to setup and tune. It sounds like, um, an electric cello. Nice! I like it. Now I can join a rock band. I like the strong ringing tones (C on the a-string for example).

I connected my electronic tuner to the electrocello's output port, making it easy to tune. I don't think it really needs the fine-tuners, the worm drive tuning pegs are cool. Inputting the metronome's signal through the cello's electronics lets me hear it through the headphones with the music.

I only had a few minutes to play around with it before leaving for rehearsal - our last one before Friday. It took a while, but I think we got there. The dynamics aren't going to be perfect, but I think we'll all keep up, more or less, and we should be able to finish all together.

Comments:
Oh, cool! I'm somewhat envious. I never got past the stage of flirting with the idea of getting one of those. I'll be eager to see whether you enjoy playing it for its own sake, or just as a late-night instrument.
 
It is going to have to wait until after Friday's recital. I don't want to mess with success - I've finally gotten the piece right on my other cello.
 
OY Looks cool and anorexic in design.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home