Sunday, January 14, 2007

 

If you've decided to learn to play


"If you've decided to learn to play the violin, viola, cello, or bass you probably already know that you've set yourself a daunting challenge. Still, it bears repeating: No other instruments require as much patience before a musician can hope to make even reasonably satisfying sounds. No teacher, whatever his or her method or teaching ability, can give a beginning player quick results."
["practical musician" Excerpted from Strings magazine, January 2003, No.107; and I lifted it from the blog,
Am I not who I think I am?]

Comments:
So true. I tell people you sound awful for the first two years, then it starts to get a little better. We're to be commended for sticking it out, aren't we?
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home