Monday, January 01, 2007
Picking up the pace
My cello has been sounding really nice - I haven't had a "bad-sound" day for quite some time. I wonder if it knows about the electrocello and feels as if it has to compete? I seem to have finally found the right size and place (7 grams, about halfway between the bridge and tailpiece on the g-string) for the wolf eliminator. After a lot of tweaking, I was able to "hide" the annoying booming effect somewhere between D and C#, and there is no more screeching on E or F. I haven't had to make any adjustments to it for several weeks. I play the electrocello every third day with the amp. I try not to spend too much time playing with the reverb or the gain control.
You may notice some changes to this blog. I've spent far too much time this past weekend tinkering with the template. The background was the biggest challenge; I found the necessary template edits at Beta Blogger for Dummies. The drop-down comments feature [click on one of the comment links at the bottom of any post to see what I mean] is something that I wish Blogger had included as a standard feature. At least Blogger provided the hack through its own help section.