Sunday, August 26, 2007

 

Bye Floyd



This morning we found Floyd the guinea pig dead in his cage. He was barely a year old. Yesterday he was fine, full of energy and demanding his usual ration of carrots and lettuce. We don't know what happened to him.

I'm going to miss his occasional accompaniments when I practice my cello each morning. His favorite piece was The Two Grenadiers.

They say that a cousin to the guinea pig that lives in the Amazon rain-forests plays a vital role in the propagation of the Brazil nut tree. I guess they collect and bury food caches of Brazil nuts, and some manage to germinate and grow into trees. We buried Floyd this afternoon along with a Brazil nut.


Comments:
Sorry to hear about Floyd :(
 
Oh poor dear Floyd. Rest in peace, small furry one.
 
I am sorry, G. What a shock to wake up in the morning and find your practice pal gone. RIP, Floyd.
 
Oh Floyd, we barely knew ya!
Too bad G never made a video of your accompaniment.
 
so sorry, poor Floyd. I hope he is happily running around in guinea pig heaven.
 
I'm so sorry for your loss.
 
So sorry for you and the little guy. How long do they normally live?
 
Thanks everyone for your kind comments :)

Guinea pigs can live up to 6 years. That's why I was so surprised to lose Floyd after just a year.
 
Just read about the loss of your sweet little pet Guinea pig; my sympathies.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home