Thursday, December 13, 2007

 

Gig wanted


We're still looking for a gig for our orchestra and trio on Saturday. Even though everybody has a busy schedule for the next few weeks, we'd all set aside this Saturday for the now-canceled gig; and we're all still interesting in playing an alternate gig... somewhere... anywhere. Trouble is, we've not had any luck yet in finding anyone who's interested or has an opening on Saturday - our local nursing home is booked solid all weekend(!) We do still have two small concerts the next weekend...


At yesterday's lesson (#43), my teacher did something different. She had me play the various pieces alone - without her playing accompaniment. Surprisingly it helped me a lot, since that's what I'm used to hearing when I practice at home. Usually, I lose focus by comparing my intonation with hers, or from listening to the combinations of sounds. I also tend to rely on her for timing. Yesterday, I was on my own. I still didn't play as well as I do at home, but not that bad.

We reviewed my tough spots from several of the more recent pieces, testing out various ways to practice them.

Then we turned to the Gavotte in C Minor. I'd been playing it pizzicato since the last lesson... but I'd finally started bowing it a few days ago. So I played it through pizzicato, slowly, stopping to go over the various tricky parts. Then I played some of it with my bow. While I still had a few missteps, in general, it came out rather well. After some ego-boosting complements, we then turned to the next piece, Bach's Minuet #3 (#7 in Suzuki Book 3). Since it will be at least a month before my next lesson, she commented I should start working on it after a few more weeks of focus on the Gavotte. This piece takes the basic Minuet from Book 2 and adds a part in C-minor. We talked about which of the listed fingering alternatives to use; in most cases I'll use the revised fingerings from the latest edition, but in a few cases she suggested I try the earlier fingerings.

Finally we talked about scales. I admitted to spending up to 45 minutes a day on them (her comment: "Scales are good!"). For the last month or so, I've been working on octave scales from each open string up to third-finger, fifth position. To start preparing for the next piece (#8), she suggested I also begin working on the third octave of the C-Major scale up to 7th position.

Comments:
HELLO...GUANACO..

FROM EL SALVADOR CENTRAL AMERICA.

I WAS LOOKING FOR MY FELLOW CITIZEN IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!

SO ..I LOOKED IN GOOGLE ENGIENE...IN BLOGSPOT...THE WORLD GUANACO!!

THIS IS THE NAME COLOQUIAL ONES ....LIKE PEOPLE OF EL SALVADOR CENTRAL AMERICA ARE NAMED..

EVEN MY NAME ...SALVATRUCHO..MEAN...A GUY FROM EL SALVADOR!!!

SO..GLAD TO MEET YOU..
GUANACO!!!


MY BLOG IS IN SPANISH BUT I SPEAK ENGLISH!!
SO DONT BE AFRAID TO COME OVER!!!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home