Sunday, August 02, 2009

 

Ch-ch-ch-changes


It glides across the strings with little effort; my newly rehaired bow not only plays easier, it draws out a full, rich sound. As if some of that sound was being lost, somehow, when the hair was worn out.

A long time ago, I wrote about my inability to measure my progress along this path. Weeks would go by where I didn't feel as if I'd gained one bit, then suddenly I'd sense a step-change. Each time the glow of success quickly faded, as I once again saw how much more needed to be learned.

Playing with this rehaired bow has made me see that my bowing skills have improved far more than I'd realized. I feel more in control, able to make subtle adjustments to the "personality" of the sound. Who knew?

And my new strings (Jargars) are in the mail. Thanks, Ellen!

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home